Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Doo Hickey Storage

Hello to you all… today I would love to show you something I made for myself.
I hardly ever keep something for me that I make. Some may remember the magnet die storage book I altered for my friend Chrissy for Christmas? Well.. I have about 5 in use for myself and I started to tackle the first one. The plan is to decorate them all in different colors – this one has a green ribbon reminding me that I have “floral” dies inside this book.

I kept the book for me as flat as possible with no embellishments raising up because I deal with limited storage space so my books have to be able to stand up like books and slide in and out without worrying I rip something accidently off. However it was HARD to keep it flat :-0

DooHickey_storage_1

I used
Saturated Canary “Poppy” I printed her out 100% and colored her in. It took me 2 days to color her in and used a lot of ink. The main reason I printed her out as large I could I can show you next time.
Papers: Magnolia Ink Black Zebra
Magnolia Ink newspaper
old book page
Magnet storage book
Stampin up flower stamp set
Distress Paint Raspberry
Tim Holtz Stencils, flower stencil
Martha Stewart Texture effect – which I used in white and colored pink with Distress paint,
Spatula
Alphabet sticker set
Ink pad in pinkDooHickey_storage_2ome DooHickey_storage_3over to Sir Stampalot this weekend, Nikki is going to be there to demonstrate with Heartfelt Creations products!
Demo Day with Nikki, Saturday 26th April at Stampalot Peterborough

12 comments:

Chris said...

It's fantastic Claudi, such a beautiful way to store your dies and such amazing colouring too! Happy Easter Sweetie. Hugs, Chris xx

Christina C. said...

Einzigartig, Claudia!!!!!! Ein ausgezeichtes mixed media Wunderwerk!! Da hast du wirklich etwas fantastisches und zauberhaftes
gestaltet.

JenniferD said...

OMG AWESOME!Looooove everything about this.Your layers and textures Awesome and your colouring simply Amazing! Hope you have a Lovely Easter.

Juls said...

This is just sooooo fabulous, great t make something so gorgeous & so practical for yourself !!!! Hugs Juls

Danielle Champagne said...

Lovely Claudia! your coloring is totally gorgeous.Hugs. and Happy Easter. xox

Elise said...

Hi Claudia! Oh my gosh .. yet another AMAZING project!!!!!! Wowww! You think of such clever things and decorate it soooo GORGEOUSLY! OoOH I'm into that texture thing too! I love how it works .. but one of mines came out pretty messy! :( It smeared while I was putting it on. :( Truly LOVE your BRILLIANT colouring as always!!!

Hope you and your family are doing very well! :)

Sending BIG hugs!!!
Elise

Magda said...

Wonderful !!!
Your coloring is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a nice Easter weekend!
Magda

doris said...

Fantastisch ...!

♥liche Grüße
Doris

Tammi said...

Girl there you go again blowing me away!! Love love love...coloring, background-amazing!

Candy said...

A fantastic idea Claudia and the front of this book is incredible!!! WONDERFUL colouring and love all the stencils and different things you used.
Hugs, Candy

Heidi said...

Wow what a great storage Claudia - love it
Your image is so beautiful and this is a perfect album.
Hope you got my mail the other day?

Hugs and love
heidi

Craftyrose said...

Totally stunningly gorgeous Claudia. xx